September 10, 2012
TO: All Interested Persons; All Veteran Patients of Georgia’s State Veterans Homes in Augusta and Milledgeville; Veterans Service Organizations in Georgia
FROM: Pete Wheeler, Commissioner
SUBJECT: Notice of Action by the Veterans Service Board to Consider for Approval the Administrative Rule to Provide for the Collection of a Fee from Veteran Patients at State Veterans Homes and Notice of Public Hearings on the Proposed Rule (690-1-1)
The Veterans Service Board will hold a meeting on October 30, 2012, at 12:30 P.M., in the Georgia Department of Veterans Service Conference Room, Floyd Veterans Memorial Building – 970 East Tower, Atlanta, Georgia 30334, to consider approval of the proposed administrative rule to implement Georgia Code Section 38-4-56, related to the collection of a fee from veteran patients at Georgia’s State Veterans Homes in Augusta and Milledgeville, Georgia that was authorized by the Georgia General Assembly in Act 658 in April 2012.
Written comments on the proposed rule may be provided prior to the board meeting as follows:
• By mail: Georgia Department of Veterans Service, Floyd Veterans Memorial Building, Suite E-970, Atlanta, Georgia 30334-4800
• By email: email@example.com
• Via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/notes/georgia-department-of-veterans-service/notice-of-action-and-request-for-public-comments-regarding-collection-of-fees-at/517075821640616
Prior to the board meeting, two public hearings will be held for the purpose of obtaining public comments on the proposed administrative rule:
• Milledgeville: The Birdsong Recreation Center, Georgia War Veterans Home, 2249 Vinson Highway, Milledgeville, Georgia 31061, at 2:00 P.M., on Thursday, October 4, 2012.
• Augusta: The Dining Room of the Georgia War Veterans Nursing Home, 1101 15th Street (Entry from Chaffee Street), Augusta, Georgia 30901, at 2:00 P.M., on Friday, October 5, 2012.
Copies of the proposed administrative rule, 690-1-1, and the attendant synopsis are available as follows:
• Internet: Download copies of the documents using the links below this memorandum.
• Mail: To request copies by mail, contact the Department of Veterans Service by telephone at 404-656-2300; or send a written request to Department of Veterans Service, Floyd Veterans Memorial Building, Suite E-970, Atlanta, Georgia 30334-4800 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Veteran Patients of State Veterans Homes/Family Members: Copies of the documents may be obtained from the Office of the Executive Director at each of the homes on the first floor of the Augusta home and on the first floor of the Wheeler Building at the Milledgeville home.
Cc: Members, Veterans Service Board; Legislative Counsel, Georgia General Assembly