Disabled Veteran License Plate
This license plate has a U.S. flag background, the International Symbol of Access, and the words DISABLED VETERAN. Plates are issued for the front and back of a vehicle.
A motorcycle version of this plate is available.
Note: This license plate is not issued for motor homes.
- Honorably discharged Georgia veterans considered disabled by any of these criteria:
- VA-rated 100 percent totally disabled
- VA-rated less than 100 percent disabled but paid at the 100 percent rate due to unemployability
- Entitled to receive a statutory award from VA for:
- Loss or permanent loss of use of one or both feet
- Loss or permanent loss of use of one or both hands
- Loss of sight in one or both eyes
- Permanent impairment of both eyes *
- Surviving, unremarried spouses of qualified deceased veterans
- Surviving minor children of qualified deceased veterans
* - Central visual acuity of 20/200 or less in the better eye (with corrective glasses) or central visual acuity of more than 20/200 if there is a field defect in which the peripheral field has contracted to such an extent that the widest diameter of visual field subtends on angular distance no greater than 20 degrees in the better eye.
- Qualified veterans who obtain a VA entitlement letter indicating the specific disability may apply directly with the Department of Revenue's Special Tag Unit. Call 404-968-3880 for more information.
- Alternatively, qualified veterans may obtain a certified statement from an authorized physician and take it to a GDVS Veterans Field Service Office along with discharge paperwork or proof of active duty service and verification of residency.
- There is no registration fee, manufacturing fee, or annual fee for this plate.
- Veterans with a 100 percent service-connected disability rating are exempt from ad valorem taxes on one vehicle. (See the Tax Exemptions section.)